At Coxleigh Barton we are able to offer fantastic residential camps for both children and adults staying in our new cabin conversions with en suite bathrooms. These camps are a great way to learn and gain confidence and experience, whilst having fun! Dates for Senior and Junior camps are as follows:
13th May - 14th May Junior Camp
3rd - 5th April Junior Camp
8th - 10th May Adult Camp
30th May - Junior Day Camp
31st May - Junior Day Camp
30th June - 1st July Adult Camp
14th - 16th August Junior Camp
23rd - 25th October Junior Camp
Click on our calendar for detailed information about individual camps.
All camps are open to all abilities. These camps are all about having fun and building confidence. Rides are grouped together based on ability/experience.
Our camps are open to everyone from 5 years and over. Those under 8 unfortunately cannot stay in our dormitory accommodation but are welcome to stay on site in alternative accommodation with a parent or guardian.
Numbers are limited to 15 juniors. Meals and accommodation provided - just pack your child and their pony!
Come and spend 3 days in the beautiful surroundings at Coxleigh Barton.
We are a super friendly and encouraging bunch. Our camps are all about meeting new people, making new friends and spending all important time building a bond and confidence with your horse.
Our adult camps are limited to just 15 guests making our camps more personal and less intimidating.
During your time at camp you have full use of all of our facilities from horse walker to woodland tracks!
Facilities for you
- We offer en-suite, dormitory style accommodation in our newly converted cabin; rooms sleeping 4 or 8.
- Lounge, Dining and Kitchen area
- BBQ Lodge
Facilities for your Horse
- 10 kilometers of tracks and fields to explore at your leisure
- Schooling paddock of cross country jumps
- Flood lit 60m x 20m arena
- 50m x 70m competition arena
- Show jumps including a variety of lightweight showjumps with a mixture of fillers, wings and poles
- Grass dressage arena
- Grass show jumping arena
- Horse walker
- American barn, undercover stabling and turnout paddocks
Hire Coxleigh for your own camp!
As well as organising and running our own camps, Coxleigh is also a popular venue for those wishing to organise their own camps. Whether you are a Pony Club, Riding Club or just a group of friends that want a break away with your horse, we can offer you the following facilities:
- 50x70 arena with full course jumps – this arena can be split in 2 if required
- Grass showjumping arena
- Grass dressage arena set up with boards and markers
- 20x60 arena with jumps available, plenty of poles for pole work and grids
- cross country fences on surface.
- 15k off road woodland hacking
- Large industrial unit with matted floor to use for unmounted education, evening entertainment and dining.
- Catering caravan with 2 cookers,2 fridges, freezer, microwave, deep fat fryer, toaster, panini grill/toastie maker, dining tables for 15, preparation surfaces, sofas, tv & DVD player.
- Dorms to sleep 20 in configurations of 4 (en suite), 8 (en suite), 4 & 4 plus 3 additional toilets.
- Stabling for 15 split between 2 yards. Yard 1 – 9 stables, yard 2 – 6 stables.
- unlimited turnout in individual paddocks
- 2 small turnout pens by stables (not suitable for overnight use but ideal for during the day)
- Several tie up points on yards
- Tack lockers
- Mucking out equipment
- Outdoor under cover area with seating overlooking arenas
- On site tack shop
PA system & arena timing equipment available to hire
Pricing per rider
£40 per person per 24 hr period (maximum of 15 people) subject to a minimum fee below:
|2 days/1 night||£1,000|
|3 days/2 nights||£1,200|
|4 days/3 nights||£1,600|
|5 days/4 nights||£2,000|
|6 days/5 nights||£2,400|
There is no fee for attending/supervising adults.
Junior Camp Basic Itinary
9.30am - Arrive
11am - Ridden Lesson
2pm - Ridden lesson
4.30pm - Activity
6pm - Dinner
7pm Team Games
8am - Breakfast
9.30am - Ridden Lesson
12pm - Demo
1pm - Lunch
2.30pm - Ridden Lesson
4.30pm - Unmounted activity
6pm - Dinner
8.30 - Breakfast
10am - Ridden Lesson
4pm Prize Giving
The wellbeing of children whilst in our care is paramount a copy of our safegaurning policy can be found here.
Child Protection Policy Statement
We adopt the BHS safeguarding policy.